As well as getting your chimney swept at least annually, stove manufacturers recommend that your stove is checked and serviced each year. This will identify and put right any problems.
At Stove Stoves, we have local sweeping service “Love your Stove”. Daniel is an experienced and accredited sweep and stove installer who can answer any stove questions you may have.
“Love your Stove” will:
- Clean out the inside of the stove and the glass.
- Check the stove casing integrity
- Check the door fit
- Check for worn, loose or missing fire rope and replace
- Check any seals on the glass and replace
- Check the throat plate (aka baffle plate) for damage or distortion
- Check and if necessary reapply fire cement to stove pipes and flue adaptors
- Check air controls and clean air channels
- Check for damaged or cracked fire bricks and replace
- Check seals around register plate (if a flue liner or twin wall flue system is not fitted)
Stove servicing is usually only carried out when “Love your Stove” sweeps your chimney.
“Love your Stove” carry a range of different size fire ropes and can cut replacement 25mm thick fire bricks to size. There is no charge for fitting, just for parts, which will vary depending on the stove.
To book your chimney sweep and service, click here
T: 01453 700211